Equality Objectives 2018/22
The CCG set the following objectives in October 2018 for the next four years. Updates on progress will be published at appropriate points on this page.
- To develop an enhanced understanding of the barriers that different patient groups experience in accessing local NHS services. Having identified the barriers, the CCG will work with and its contracted providers and partner organisation to reduce and/or remove those barriers.
- To use targeted and effective engagement to ensure a full understanding of the potential impacts of proposed service changes to the CCG’s population including vulnerable groups. The CCG will ensure that due regard is given to the feedback and impacts identified from this engagement in its decision making.
- To use the information produced through the NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard, Workforce Disability Equality Standard and the Staff Survey to determine key actions to improve outcomes for CCG staff. This will include appropriate supportive staff development.
- To continue championing at a senior level to improve outcomes for vulnerable groups and challenge health inequalities across Walsall and the Black Country.
- To enhance the CCG’s equality governance and assurance processes to ensure that new and existing services are fit for purpose for all patients.