We are currently developing Walsall’s Local Offer to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs or who are Disabled (SEND).
- What is a SEND local offer?
Our aim is to communicate with children and young people, and their parents or carers, to ensure that these primary users are clear about the identification and assessment processes and the criteria used to make decisions. The Walsall Local Offer for health services will develop as we work with children and young people and parents and other partnerships.
- What information would you like to see on the Local Offer?
- Access to services including criteria
- Directory of services
- Specific advice and guidance e.g. transition to adult services
- What to do if you are not happy with the process/content of the Education, Health and Care plan
- What the CCG and Council are working on e.g. joint commissioning arrangements
- How you can get involved
- Health to update at the Parent Carer Forums run by FACE
- Inform the FACE representative who sits on the CCGs Public and Patient Engagement Group to raise things on your behalf.
- Help the CCG to inform service development by identifying things that can be improved, problems that you may be experiencing.
- Your suggestions and comments are important to us so please email our Communications and Engagement Team: email@example.com
- Other ways to have your say – by attending the CCGs Public and Patient Engagement Group – see our website for further details.
A recent Health Led Workshop was delivered by Walsall Clinical Commissioning Group together with Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership CAMHS Team to the FACE Parent Carer Forum on 20th September 2018, held at The Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall.
FACE Walsall is the Parent Carer Forum for the locality of Walsall which is led by parents and carers of children and young people aged 0-25 with additional support needs and disabilities. They work in partnership with commissioners and service providers across health, social services and education, providing advice, guidance and support.
The event was well attended with a Q&A session. Further information will be uploaded as soon as possible.
A voting system also took place to identify their preference of our official SEND logo.
Here is to see the chosen logo:
This logo will now be used on documents we produce.
Our aim is to continue to provide support at future FACE Forums.
Walsall Clinical Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Health Group Commissioning Group is preparing for a future Care Quality Commission inspection of SEND for Walsall with key partners.
Visit https://go.walsall.gov.uk/ for information around Children and Young People with links to SEND. There are helpful details on early help, advice guidance, directory of services and much more.
IASS – Information, Advice & Support Network for SEND
Telephone: 01922 650330