We can all help control the virus if we stay alert. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance from people not in your household (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly.
What to do if you have symptoms?
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Get a test to check if you have coronavirus
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus services if:
- you’re worried about your symptoms
- you’re not sure what to do
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Call 111 if you cannot get help online. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy.
Alternative formats and translations
Access alternative formats and translations on stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.