Making Connections Walsall tackles loneliness and social isolation by offering one-to-one support to help older people engage in community activities and build social networks.
• Is more harmful than smoking 15 cigarettes per day
• Is more harmful than inactivity and obesity
• Increases the risk of depression
• Increases the risk of dementia
• Increases reliance on health and social care services
There are lots of groups, organisations and clubs in Walsall which can support the health and well-being of local older people. However, people often don’t know about them. The social connector will arrange to meet you, either in your home or at a community venue in your local area. At the first appointment they will discuss with you the types of activities you enjoy and will help you identify activities and projects available in your community.
For more information, see below…