This session was delivered by our very own lovely consultant microbiologist Dr Aiden Plant from Walsall Healthcare Trust and covers the following topics:
- Assessment of antibiotic allergy;
– Updated epidemiology
– Accurate history taking
– Options to manage dubious allergy.
- An update on managing common infections:
– UTI, including recurrent
– Cellulitis, including recurrent
– Pneumonia: community vs. healthcare-associated
- When to seek microbiological help
- Tips throughout of when a chat to your local microbiologist will serve you well.
For any more information relating to this session, please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.